We Care – The Chesed Program at TBEMC
Taking care of those in need in our community is at the heart of what it means to be a caring Jewish community. TBEMC’s We Care team performs these acts of loving kindness confidentially for all congregants.
The mission of the We Care Committee is to provide communal support and nechama (comfort) to members of the TBEMC community in the event of a birth or adoption, illness, death or other significant life change.
Do you know someone in our community who could a use our help?
- A ride to synagogue?
- An occasional ride to a medical appointment?
- Help with light grocery shopping?
- Help with an occasional meal?
- A friendly telephone call?
- A home visit to help brighten their day?
- Are recovering at home or in a local nursing home and would like a friendly visit?
If you need or know someone who may need assistance, please contact Judy & David Kupferberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you interested in volunteering?
There is no volunteer commitment too small: spend a few minutes a week reaching out by phone to members in need or devote an hour or more to helping our community in other ways. Our goal is to enlist enough volunteers to offer the following services:
- Home Visits
- Hospital Visits
- Shiva Support
- Senior Monthly Gatherings
- Meals in Need
- Medical Equipment to Borrow
All services of the We Care Committee are confidential.