Temple Beth-El Mekor Chayim has religious services for Shabbat and holidays, as well as selected weekday evenings. Services are conducted according to the Jewish tradition and enhanced by the modern egalitarian practice as endorsed by the Jewish Conservative movement.
Our service times are as follows:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday (Ma;ariv, with Minha when calendrically appropriate): 7:30pm
- Friday evenings (Kabbalat Shabbat, Ma’ariv): 7:30pm
- Saturday morning (Shabbat) and most Jewish holidays: 9:30am
Children are always welcome in the sanctuary but we also have several special programs geared just for kids.
Junior Congregation (For Children 7-13 Years Old)
Junior Congregation begins at 10:15 a.m. every Shabbat morning. Students will learn how to lead Shabbat morning services in preparation for their Bar/Bat Mitzvah.
For children two through six years old (and their parents), we have Tot Shabbat. This program begins at 10:15 a.m. once a month. During Tot Shabbat we sing songs, read a story related to the weekly Torah reading or holiday and have the opportunity to play with other Jewish children while using toys, games and puzzles with a Judaic theme. It is a youthful way to explore Judaism. Please see the calendar for dates.
Torah and Haftarah Reading
TBEMC follows the Rabbinical Assembly’s triennial Torah reading cycle.
If you would like to
- find out who our Torah readers will be for a given week,
- know whether a particular Torah reading is available,
- find out who’s doing a particular haftarah, or
- know whether a haftarah is available,
Please check out the Torah and haftarah reader page.