Temple Beth-El Mekor Chayim has a complete schedule of morning and evening religious services for weekdays, Shabbat and holidays. Services are conducted according to the Jewish tradition and enhanced by the modern egalitarian practice as endorsed by the Jewish Conservative movement.
We currently have a morning minyan that meets on Torah-reading days:
- Mondays and Thursdays: 6:50 a.m.
- Rosh Hodesh, Hol HaMoed: 6:45 a.m.
Our evening minyan meets at the following times:
- Sunday through Thursday and Legal Holidays: 7:30 p.m.
- Friday (Kabbalat Shabbat): 7:30 p.m.
- Check the TBEMC calendar for times of other services throughout the year
- Jewish Holidays and Fast Days: Please check the TBEMC calendar
Children are always welcome in the sanctuary but we also have several special programs geared just for kids.
Junior Congregation (For Children 7-13 Years Old)
Junior Congregation begins at 10:15 a.m. every Shabbat morning. Students will learn how to lead Shabbat morning services in preparation for their Bar/Bat Mitzvah.
For children two through six years old (and their parents), we have Tot Shabbat. This program begins at 10:15 a.m. once a month. During Tot Shabbat we sing songs, read a story related to the weekly Torah reading or holiday and have the opportunity to play with other Jewish children while using toys, games and puzzles with a Judaic theme. It is a youthful way to explore Judaism. Please see the calendar for dates.
Torah and Haftarah Reading
TBEMC follows the Rabbinical Assembly’s triennial Torah reading cycle.
If you would like to
- find out who our Torah readers will be for a given week,
- know whether a particular Torah reading is available,
- find out who’s doing a particular haftarah, or
- know whether a haftarah is available,
Please check out the Torah and haftarah reader page.