Since 1917, Temple Beth-El Mekor Chayim of Cranford and Westfield has provided for the needs of the Jewish community of Union county. We are committed to the beauty and morality of traditional Judaism, yet we are strictly egalitarian in outlook and practice. In a warm, friendly, spiritual atmosphere, we preserve and renew our dedication to Jewish values.
Temple Beth-El Mekor Chayim is a unique Conservative congregation, an extended family whose members care for one another. We offer education, culture, social events, spiritual enrichment and personal growth for our members. Our members are all ages, shapes and sizes, have many different backgrounds, and hail from the four corners of the earth. They reside in Cranford, Westfield, Elizabeth, Linden, and other New Jersey towns.
The Temple’s modern building on Walnut Avenue is an easy walk from most of Cranford. It features a large sanctuary, newly renovated small chapel, social hall, library, youth lounge, classrooms, separate kitchens for dairy and meat foods, and ample parking. The building is equipped with a lift for handicap access, and a sound system for the hearing impaired.
We invite you to join us for worship or for any event and make our synagogue your second home!
Temple Beth-El Mekor Chayim in Cranford is the Conservative, Egalitarian temple of choice in Central Jersey. Here’s why:
- Award-winning programs and events for every generation from tots to teens, from young families to seasoned citizens
- Cutting edge Conservative in outlook, Egalitarian in spirit and action
- Religious services that are dynamic and hip, yet traditional, that reach the soul, touch the heart and invigorate the mind
- Outstanding Framework for Excellence Religious School that not only trains our students how to daven, but to become members of the greater Jewish community
- Vibrant, active Kadima and USY youth programs that help turn children into menschen
- A powerful commitment to Social Action
- Fun, exciting social events so we can play, laugh and make TBEMC feel like home to our members
- A Rabbi and young, energized leadership who understand the past, but live in the present and plan for the future
- A warm, extended family whose members care and are there for one another