There are so many ways that you can become an active part of our community, and so many opportunities here at TBEMC for you to share your time and talents!
The Chesed Committee always welcomes volunteers!
There is no volunteer commitment too small: spend a few minutes a week reaching out by phone to members in need or devote an hour or more to helping our community in other ways. Chesed’s goal is to enlist enough volunteers to offer the following services:
- Home Visits – make home visits to people who are or have been ill, suffered a loss or are caregivers who need someone to talk to
- Hospital Visits – visit in hospitals, nursing homes or rehab facilities
- Bereavement – prepare shiva home, make shiva visits, comfort and support members during times of loss – this may require telephone calls and/or visits
- Drivers –drive to doctor or therapy appointments, to TBEMC on Shabbat
- Baby Connection – reach out to new moms and dads with support and information about Jewish rituals for newborns
- Phone Calls – reach out to people who need a “Chesed Connection”
- Meal Makers – prepare meals for those needing Chesed support in the TBEMC kitchens
- Shoppers – run errands for people who need short term assistance
- Monetary donations, providing goods or services
- Running community events on Chesed related topics
If you are interested in volunteering please complete the volunteer questionnaire, available in the temple office or from the online the bulletin, and contact us at email@example.com or through the Temple Office.
The communications committee is looking for people who enjoy writing, photography, and/or creating photo montages or online photo scrap-books, and who are enthusiastic about outreach. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about how you can help.
Food donations need to be delivered to Cranford Family Cares and Jewish Family Services about once a month. A volunteer(s) is needed urgently. Thank you. Contact the office at 908-276-9231.
The membership committee would love for you to join us. Committee members plan events, work closely with and get to know clergy, are the faces and voices that our newest TBEMC family members get to know first. We are looking for people who are excited about outreach and that are motivated to help build TBEMC. Contact email@example.com for more information.